Different approaches to showering
The quick and efficient shower
It is no secret that modern day-to-day life can be hectic and there is always something else that needs to be done. A lot of people find that taking a shower is last on their list of priorities and they want to do it as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Cutting down on the time you spend in the shower is certainly possible, but requires a certain amount of planning to ensure that it is productive and a comfortable experience.
First and foremost, make sure you have everything you need ready, whether that is certain shower products, your toothbrush or your loofah. You don’t want to be getting out of the shower half way through to fetch anything – that would lose valuable time!It is also important to ensure that you don’t get carried away enjoying the lovely warm water. If you are in a hurry, set yourself a maximum time limit and stick to it.
How to have an ultra-relaxing shower
When you are not restricted by time, you can afford to pamper yourself slightly more in the shower. Why not dim the lights, fill the room with your favourite fragrance and really wind down?
It is also a good idea to choose showering products that are rich and indulging if you are having a relaxing shower. Treat yourself to NIVEA Creme Smooth Shower and enjoy smooth skin feeling. Or if you prefer to pamper your skin with a shower oil, NIVEA Natural Shower Oil is a lavish oil suitable for sensitive, dry skin.A relaxing shower is about more than just washing yourself. It is about soaking up the atmosphere, forgetting your worries and enjoying some ‘you time’.
The key to a good shower: Preparation
Preparing for your shower in the right way will help you to save time and be more organised.
Before hopping in the shower, it is important to decide how much time you want to spend in there and what you want to achieve. If you don’t wash your hair every day, make sure to plan the days you do want to wash it in advance – that way you can leave yourself extra time on those days and won’t have to rush.If you plan on playing some sport or going to the gym, try to plan your shower for after this if you can. Likewise, if you prefer showering as soon as you wake up, make sure you account for this and leave enough time – a rushed shower may leave you feeling stressed and is a bad precedent to set for your day.
Tips for preparing for your shower
- Put a shower cap on if you are not planning to wash your hair
- Brush your hair through if you are planning to wash it
- Use a body brush all over to remove dead skin cells and reveal glowing skin beneath
- Heat up your bathroom to a comfortable temperature
- Lay out the outfit you are going to put on after you get out
How to make your shower routine work for you
The ideal shower routine – what should I be doing first?
5 simple ways to ensure your shower runs smoothly
- Plan the frequency of your showers in advance
- If you have a hot water tank, make sure you’ve heated it sufficiently for your shower
- Always use a non-slip shower mat to prevent any accidents
- Get a shower timer to alert you when showering time is up
- Get yourself used to a regular shower routine and it will all become much easier